<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 09, 2004

My Happy Ending 

I've sort of decided that life if full of new beginnings and endings. Sure there's one big beginning, and one big ending, but there are a whole lot of significant ones in the middle. You know? Well, now, for once, this is my happy ending. Yes, that's right, after months of complaining, blogging about how depressed I am, getting little sleep, and being sick, it’s here.

I've just finished a little more than a third of the semester, and I’ve just finished my first round of exams. Today is officially the first day of our short fall break from school. So this ending makes sense somehow, doesn't it? Well, on Thursday after I finished my last exam, I did the 25 minute uphill walk to the housing office. I met with the Director of Housing, she printed out my new contract, and I signed it. With the help of two friends, and one of my new neighbors in my new dorm, I spent the afternoon moving my life, from my former cell of a room to my new room.

I've gotten less than 6 hours of sleep everyday for the past week. I've had exams and problem sets due, and I've been feeling very feverish, congested, and downright ill, and I’ve been living with a person who drives me mad. But, I pulled it all together and moved my life to my new place, a place far away from home that I actually don't really mind calling... home. So this six-week nightmare ended in the best way possible: knowing that it’s absolutely over. When I flew back home to the Heartland yesterday, I saw from my window seat the endless stretches of multicolored tree patches and brownish barren fields on flat plains that extend far beyond the horizon. It was a sigh of relief to be back to a place I know and like. And I was happy.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?