<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

On the Road Again... 

Well not quite. More like, in the skies again. I'm flying out in a few hours to California. This is like the zillionth trip I'm taking this summer, but like some of my other "trips" this isn't exactly a trip. I'm going to the Sierra Student Coalition's National Grassroots Conference. It's an annual event that brings together all of the national leaders with all of the local grassroots activists. I've never been to one before, but since I'm now one of the national leaders, I have to show up this time around.

Throw a curveball my way. I thought I'd go, chill out, attend the workshops, and meet all the cool people. Wrong. I got a call from the National Director last week asking me to lead two hour-long media trainings. I've never done a media training before, much less in front of so many people. I know it'll be fine. I'll be fine. This is just a vestige of my past manifesting itself: stressing too much about every little thang.

I'm looking forward to spending a week in the California mountains with a bunch of motivated people around my age. Maybe they'll rub off on my burnt-out, unmotivated self a little bit. At the same time, I'm not looking forward to this trip at all. Two and a half weeks at home (complete with nothing to worry about, nothing to do, and plenty of sleep) finally started to take a good effect on me. But it's just a start. It'd take at least two months of that intense R&R for me to get back to my peppy, energetic, motivated self. Besides all that, there's still this issue kind of weighing down on me...

And then there's facing the scariest fact of them all: once I get back, I will have less than two weeks to pack up my books, my clothes, my stuff, my life and head 20 hours east-ward for college. Time, time, time...

If you happen to be bored at all while I'm gone, let me re-recommend a list quality bloggage to feast your eyes upon. Also, summer is slowly but surely ticking away, so if you haven't yet, I insist that you use this week to make yourself a little mini-vacation. We all deserve one! If you are adamant about working your ass off, then just take care, okay? Don't forget to check back next Tuesday!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?