<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Virtually Cleaner 

I think it's becoming pretty stereotypical of me to post an entry every couple weeks about how I'm "getting better," undoing my burnout, recovering from too much work, stress, and depression. Right in line with that spirit, I spent about the last two hours "literally" (virtually?) getting ride of some of my excess baggage. I went through one of my horrendously overloaded, stuffed inboxes. In that post I had 512 e-mails in the account I went through tonight. Since then the letterage had managed to swell to 598 e-mails. Yikes.

Originally, I was looking for the e-mail address of one of my Junior High teachers. I knew I got a letter from him a couple months ago. So I started scrolling back in time to find that old e-mail he sent me. As I scrolled down memory lane, I couldn't help but notice how cluttered it was with piles of virtual junk. Not the most pleasant of sights... So I clicked and deleted, clicked and deleted, clicked and deleted. Before I knew it I had deleted 118 e-mails! So OK, I still have 480 e-mails, which I need to downsize to a much more manageable amount. But 118 is a start, and a good one at that!

Do you ever get that feeling of overwhelming relief after cleaning your room? If so, you know how I feel right now. I never thought that deleting e-mails could be such a great form of therapy!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?