<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

ARGH!!! 

I HATE SPYWARE!!!! I hate all the crud that sneakily implants itself onto your hard-drive and then screws up your whole computer!! For the past couple of weeks I have been plagued by an obscene amount of pop-ups. Every time I click a link, open a new browser, or even close internet explorer I am inundated with pop-ups. I can take it for a while, but ultimately it just drives me nuts!!

This evening when I opened internet explorer, a different page showed up instead of my usual homepage. Not only that, it was accompanied by a couple pop-ups. They all mentioned something about my computer having spyware, which is ironic since spyware itself is responsible for those pop-ups. Anyway, one window featured several pairs of cartoon parasites in a series of outrageous positions-- 69, doggy, missionary, oh lordy go figure. And the text in that window read something like, "your computer has been parasitized." Well, duh.

Anyway, that was all I needed to see. To feel powerless to a bunch of cartoon crickets going at it was going to be my last draw. I decided to fight this time. I downloaded a bunch of spyware searchers and destroyers, which swept my computer and deleted a bunch of junk. But it didn't fix my internet problem. Everytime I set my homepage back to Yahoo!, the spyware website and all its accompanying pop-ups showed up instead. I wanted to tear all my hair out with frustration!!!

So I got extreme. I downloaded Netscape, and then proceeded to completely delete internet explorer from my computer. Then I redownloaded internet explorer. Things were messed up at first, but finally now at 3:45am, after too many hours of fighting nasty computer bugs. I think I managed to set things straight for the time being. Oh goodness. Why do I feel like this isn't my last battle against internet junk? But for now it's time for a good night's victory-nap.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?