<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

The Tides 

I usually think that most people have long ago tuned out to the talk about "changing tides" and all that blah. So I'm not going to go so far, but I do want to follow up on my last entry and let you connect the dots as you choose.

So the weekend's over, and the numbers are in. Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 came in number 1. Whatever, that's not a big deal, you may think, there was so much hype about it anyway. Well, it is a big deal. This is the voice of one man, not a gigantic Hollywood production. The really big deal, though, is the little number on the right. See it? Fahrenheit 9/11 only played in 868 movie theatres nationwide, whereas all the other movies played in 2000-3000 theatres! Such a small rotation, and it still ranked in the bucks like nobody's business. I don't know, that's cool.

I also came across two opposite opinion pieces (incidentally both written by the same person) about Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11. Unlike my self-censorship, you might appreciate the way this guy lays it all out. Besides, it's not just about Michael Moore and the movie. It's about the world you live in. If you have a few seconds, go read! :)

Why I Hate Michael Moore


Why I Love Michael Moore

Now that I got you thinking, or totally bored, go on and have a great week! It's Monday!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?