<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Stuffed Inboxes 

So with this newfound sense of freedom, I feel like I can turn my attention to things I have neglected because of school, stress, work, sleep deprivation, and whatever else has been preoccupying me. So suddenly, right now, I took notice of the (indeed, very) neglected state of my e-mails. I have three main e-mail accounts. One for my volunteer work, my college e-mail, and a personal account. So here's a numeric indicator to assess the neglect of my inboxes.

My volunteer work inbox has 456 e-mails.
My college e-mail account has 425 e-mails.
My personal e-mail account unrounds things out with a whopping 512 e-mails in my inbox.

Looks like I got some work to do! The thing is, though, that I have a tough time clicking delete. I tend to cling on to things like a bad habit gone wild. I think that maybe an article e-mailed to me a year ago might come in handy some day in the future. Or maybe someone e-mailed me a cool website that I don't quite want to bookmark, but I might just might want to check out again. I usually keep the last e-mail I get from anyone, and instead of adding people to my address book, I keep an e-mail from them in my inbox in case I ever want to get back in touch. Too complicated, too ridiculous. Anyway, now that I have some time and a little more mental clarity, it looks like I'll be doing some virtual summer cleaning.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?