<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

Listen to the Music 

Sometimes a song can capture in a verse the point I try to get across in a 1000-word babble. So in part-two of this series of me reflecting upon the semester I just finished and this year to date, I'm going to turn it over to the music. I listen to it. A lot. Whether it's while writing an essay, walking to class, surfing the net, while writing e-mails, driving, or whenever else--you name it, and there's a good chance music was playing in the background. I figure there has to be some sort of meaning to all that noise. So here are some select songs that were in heavy rotation in the soundtrack of my life for the past couple months. They might give you a much better idea than I could about how my year's been so far.

Matchbox 20 - "Unwell"

All night
Hearing voices telling me that I should get some sleep
Because tomorrow might be good for something
Hold on
Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown
and I don't know why

I'm not crazy
I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me


Beyonce - "Me, Myself, and I"

Me, myself, and I that's all I got in the end
That's what I found out
And it ain't no need to cry
I took a vow that for now on
I'mma be my own best friend

After all the rain, you'll see the sun come out again


Avril Lavigne - "Don't Tell Me"

Don't try to tell me what to do
Don't try to tell me what to say
You're better off that way


LeAnn Rimes - "Life Goes On"
Life goes on
And it's only gonna make me strong
It's a fact, once you get on board
Say good-bye cause you can't go back
Oh it's a fight, and I really wanna get it right
Where I'm at, is my life before me
And this feelin' that I can go back


No Doubt - "It's My Life"

It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends


Dido - "White Flag"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag on my door


Liz Phair - "Extraordinary"

I am extraordinary, if you ever get to know me


Christina Aguilera - "The Voice Within"

When there's no one else
Look inside yourself
Like your oldest friend
Just trust the voice within
Then you'll find the strength
That will guide your way
If you will learn to begin
To trust the voice within


There you have it. And the beat goes on...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?