<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I think I need a vacation from vacation 

Not that many people follow this little online journal thing of mine, but for whoever in the world does, you might have wondered why the heck I've been so silent and absent, especially now that I'm on break and supposedly have gobs of time to sit in front of my laptop and type all day.

Well, my grandma came here to visit us for a couple weeks, and I took her on a road trip! Yup, that's right, me and Grams hit the highways of the northern Midwestern states to see some pretty mountains, forests, and other cool stuff like that. It was great. We saw some amazing things like Devils Tower, the Badlands, and various cool sites like Mount Rushmore in the Black Hills of South Dakota. This finally gave me the chance to flush my eyes with some new scenery and to fill my lungs with some really fresh, clean air.

Don't think that I came back relaxed and refreshed though. Lately, it seems like vacations have been more of a chance to procrastinate and temporarily escape from things than a chance to recharge the empty batteries or heal the burn-out. After a 10 hour drive home, I came back totally exhausted and just freaking out over all the stuff I have to do and all the time I don't have to do them. I'm going to DC this Friday, and then I'm going to DC again in two weeks and there's too much I have to do to prepare myself for that. There are also some people I definitely need to catch up with now that I'm home from college: friends, grandma who's visiting, the parents, my sister, and other people I left behind in Minnesota when I moved out to NY. Then there's someone who has been bugging me for the past 5 months to spare him some quality time--me.

I'm wondering if I'll ever manage to strike a balance. Maybe I need a vacation from vacation to really relax. Or maybe I need to learn how to get my act together. Or maybe this is just a sign of me being in dire need for some heavy-duty ME time.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?