<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Money and Power 

I don't have anything too special to write about tonight, but I did come across this article a few hours ago. It probably doesn't come as a surprise that the majority of our senators are so rich they could swim in their money, but it just hammers it home one more time. OK, so I don't know how cool it is to air their money business out in public like that. I don't think I'd be so happy to hear details about my bank accounts and sources of income on Yahoo! headline news. Nevertheless, this already being revealed, you can't help but react.

Does it piss anyone else off to think that if you wanted to run to some sort of public office you'd stand a much smaller chance of winning against an opponent who was considerably wealthier? It's hard to sound off about exactly how level of a playing field their needs to be. But at the same time I wonder about how fairly we are being represented at the capitol when our representatives are all of a very homogeneous breed: rich. I know there are some good people among them, but I know it also wouldn't hurt to have more diversity up on the hill.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?