<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 07, 2005

I'll Getcha Good 

I don't know exactly how she came to mind, but Shania Twain inspired the title of this post. Woo hoo lol. Get y'alls country boots on because that woman's singing my song, "Like I should, I'll getcha good."

OK, granted, she's probably singing about getting a boyfriend or something. That's not quite my intention. This post is about a much blogged about, but still unresolved, issue with one conspicuous girl! Lol.

After revising my last English paper, I wrote up an attachment with some thoughts, reflections, concerns about the essay, the writing process, and some of my reader's comments. That girl took it to the next level in her latest comments on my essay, "I'm afraid I find this paper rather unimpressive...generic." Like I said, if she wants to be constructive and support that assertion with examples from my writing and suggestions on how to improve, that'd go down a bit better. But she didn't even bother to note anything or any points or any place that needs improvement. It was like a slap in the face, goodbye.

So I called her out on that in my comments I wrote to the teacher. Today after class my English teacher approached me and caught me completely off guard when she said that she agrees with me. She spoke to "girl" and told her she needed to get her act together a little more.

Hmmmm. Sigh of relief. It's always nice to see feelings translate into saying something, doing something, especially when the appropriate authority takes care of it. Action!

Catharsis?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?