<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Back to School 

While many Americans and others will be celebrating Easter today, I'll be doing something I've done a lot in the past year: flying. My lovely spring break has to come to an end, and that means coming a full circle--away from school and back to school.

This break was a decent, but mostly much needed, escape from school. Instead of the grind of working two jobs and trying to keep up with five classes, the only thing I had to keep up with was myself. For a little over a week, things ran at my own pace. I could stay up as late as I wanted, or crash as early as I wanted, and sleep as much as I wanted. I could watch all the TV my heart desired, find some precious time to delete several hundred e-mails, and even devote some much needed TLC to this blog. I went on a movie splurge and watched five: Hotel Rwanda, The Terminal, The Motorcycle Diaries, Connie and Karla, and Love Actually. I had a blast. I relished the freedom of break, and sucked in every cinematic moment I watched. As much of a knowledge thirst-quencher school is supposed to be, it left me really hungry for other things.

I also started to look forward. When high school ended it was like reaching the end of the tunnel just to head into another one--that of college. Finally, I can see a real light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully not one that leads to another tunnel. More than ever, I'm looking forward to my freedom to live.

I've busted my ass at school for the past year and a half, and when I get back now, I plan on meeting with my academic advisor to see if I can get final approval to graduate in May 2006, a full year early. If that works out then I've already crossed the half-mark of my college edumacation! You know, after the halfpoint it's all downhill from there.

After college I'm looking forward to taking a year off, more than anything. It's time to live something closer to the life I've dreamed of... Maybe go on a roadtrip across the USA, or get a really cool job, or finally find some serious time to devote to my friends and family, or maybe all of the above. During this break, I've also spotted a potentially nice graduate school program... Don't worry, I've learned from my "mistakes," and I think this one will suit my needs a lot better... but that's way down the road.

For now, I have to get through the mess I got myself into a couple years ago, try to remember who I am, stay true to myself, try realllly hard not to breakdown (too much), and hopefully have some fun in the process.

Happy flying! If I lose my luggage one more time....



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?