<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 18, 2005

No Rest for the Weary Part 3 

I know... I need to get with the program. Who uses the same blog title for three entries in three months?!?

I just can't really think of any other way to put this. There's just no rest for the weary in this world! Or at least for me, in the past two weeks. This should explain my silence (though I've noticed my excuses for not posting have increased a lot in the last couple months, hmmm).

This week was the last week before spring break. Those of you have even have the vaguest memories of school ought to know how stressful this notorious week is. It's the midpoint of the semester, so all the midterm evaluations, tests, essays happen all at once. Professors seem to think they're so smart, unique, and timely. Puh-leaze.

Anyway, I had four papers due this week, in addition to a midterm to survive, a problem set to complete, and a presentation to pass. Two weeks ago I realized all the work that I had coming up for this week, so I vowed to myself to be super efficient and work ahead. Riiight.

Well, I'd like to think that the intention was truly there this time. It wasn't my procrastination that got to me this time. On Monday I suddenly woke up with a nasty cold. At first I didn't think it was too bad, but it got bad fast. Plus only ONE of my nostrils got totally jammed with mucus while the other one stayed fine. That just drove me nuts!!! My point is, though, that I had no energy to do more than the work I absolutely had to finish. I was exhausted.

So when the weekend rolled around, I found myself going through a full-blown panic paralysis thinking about the unreal amount of stuff I have to get through this week. Well, you know how these things go. You always get by somehow. In my case it just meant a lot of stress and much less sleep. And of course, getting by has nothing to do with doing well, so I won't even comment on the quality of those papers, that midterm, problem set, or presentation! It's over!

I was totally dead by Monday night, but I dragged myself through Thrusday and I was ready for a total breakdown once I stepped onto the bus to the airport. I handed in my last paper and left as fast as I could. By the time I got on the first plane I zonked out completely. Yes, the sweet breakdown.

Even with the naps on my two airplane rides, things just can't seem to go too well. I got to baggage claim and my luggage, once again didn't arrive. What a riot! I've been flying for 19 years and never lost my luggage. All of a sudden I lose my luggage twice in a row! But please, who has time for this, I'm just home for a short break. Give me a break from all this airline madness! I just want my stuff, and I just want to unwind for a couple days!!!

I get home and a few hours later the snow starts falling like I don't even know. And it fell, and fell some more all day long. Good thing I flew in a day early, at least.

The last crummy item of this post is that I come back to hear this story about how my dad thought he had a heart attack over the weekend. On the drive back from the airport my dad starts telling me about how he spent 15 hours in the ER over the weekend because he had chest pains and his hand went numb for hours. Please, quit the cigarettes already! I don't even feel like ranting about this one, too weary!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?