<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 28, 2005

Back at School 

Yes, I know I've very creative when it comes to blog titles.

So I got back to smalltown, NY about an hour behind schedule. Despite the delay the trip was a bit more impressive than usual. Nomrally, we get a tiny plane that feels like its going to come apart in flight--loud engine noises, bumpy ride, realllly tiny seats. This time we got a new small plane! It was a bit bigger (four seats in each row!), had pleather seats, and new sleakly designed plastic armrests... Also, instead of having to get off the plane and walk outside to the 2-gate airport, we actually for the first time used the walkway to get to the gate.

Oh and did I mention that my luggage arrived this time? How's that for impressive. I do feel a bit bad about it. Once the carousel stopped spitting out luggage, a dozen of students lined up to put in claims for lost luggage. What's up with losing so much luggage? Just isn't right...

So I'm back at school now. I finally settled into my dorm around 11:45 p.m. last night, and had to wake up this morning for classes. It's kind of an abrupt transition from vacation to school mode--just a short night's sleep.

So this is the homestretch. I have to hold my breath and close my eyes and hold on to my sanity real tight for the last couple weeks until the freedom of summer. This week isn't too bad. The onslaught resumes next week with a paper and an exam and a problem set due, and I'm sure this list will get longer as the week progresses.

But for now I need to brace myself for the hardships of school again. It's back to 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Back to coping with high stress and adrenaline levels. Back to putting up with lots of people who frown a lot. Back to putting up with professors' quirky personalities. Oh, and back to the grind of working two jobs. Oh man.

I just don't have the nerve for this anymore!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?