<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Welcome Back 

I left the California on a 12:45am flight out of San Francisco. You have to love those red-eye flights going east which do no justice to a good night's sleep. As I boarded the plane, I walked past a man in first class who had the biggest, most bulging, angry eyes I might have ever seen. The chairs were small and cramped, and by far not enough leg space. Once all the passengers boarded, one of the flight attendants turned off all the lights. It was late, and I think almost everyone wanted to sleep. Well, except for a pretentious little blonde woman with intellectual-looking glasses who sat behind me and insisted on turning on her reading light which seemed to shine on my face more than anything else. Once I managed to get over the light on my eyes and was starting to fall asleep, it seemed like everyone sitting around erupted into a mad coughing fit. If it's not one person trying to keep you awake, I guess it's another.

To my right was the aisle, to my left was a fidgety little woman who unapologetically woke me up towards the end of the flight when she tried to climb over me to get to the lavatory. Please, woman. I got up and let her slide out to the aisle. I don't know what the deal was, though. When she finished relieving herself and wanted to get back to her seat, she tried to pull the climb-over-me move again. But I just got up and let her slide back into her seat.

All in all, I did get to sleep for most of the flight, but like I said, those red-eyes don't do any justice! Three hours of sleep and two stolen in a time-zone shift. Well I got back home and slept a little more, but I'm still tired. It's good to be back home and back to my sleepy self :).



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?