<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 27, 2004

Taking a Dump  

One thing that is high on my list of "don't likes" about my latest living arrangement is the bathroom situation. It's awful! First of all, my RA finally put rest to the problem of what gender uses what bathroom. Unfortunately, he decided that the one that is 20 steps from my room belongs to the women. The men's? The farest it could be from my room. So now whenever I want to take a shower, I need to lug all my clothes and stuff across the hall, past the common area, past the TV lounge, past the stairs. You gotta love the privacy you get around here.

It's far from ideal, but I can sort of deal with that. But speaking of privacy, that's something that kind of bothers me about these industrial-sized bathrooms. When I was undressing in the tiny, crammed shower stall last night, my ears were witnesses to something unpleasant. Well, apparently I wasn't alone in the industrial bathroom. Someone else was making use of a toilet. Ploop, ploop. I heard something splash into the water, then again, and again. A deep, prolonged moan followed each splash of water. Ooooooooh. Much more than I wanted to hear.

Is this the new reality with which I need to deal? People all over tell me that college is about adapting to different situations and sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone. Yeah... But I just wonder if there are any limits to what I need to "get used to." Piss and poop in unflushed toilets, listening to people moan while they take a dump, and other random nasties, yuck. One thing's for sure: this won't help my pysche during final exams.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?