<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 20, 2004

Starting Over 

At exactly this time last year I was doing the exact same thing: packing up my belongings, packing up my life, and getting ready to move out east for the next nine months. Today I spent a hectic day doing last-minute shopping (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, detergent, etc.), getting all of my hair buzzed off (which was sort of a drastic move for me), and packing my life into dozens of bags and suitcases. It's been an intense day, befitting to end an intense year.

It's funny to notice sometimes how life is set up in these cycles. It's like we're given a second chance, and then a third, and a forth. I have the mother of all headaches right now, as if to symbolize, on the last day of this year, the culmination of how much of a pain this year has been. Tomorrow, I'm kicking off a whole new cycle. I get to start it all over in the exact same way the last one began: a road trip back to school. Even though the resemblance is almost identical, I'm taking this as a license to start over, not to repeat the tragedies of the year past.

Wish me a safe trip, and next time you check in I'll be blogging from 1000 miles away.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?