<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Last Breath Before I Burn 


Wow, it's 12:45am and it feels like I just got out of class. Actually, I did just get out of class... Well, not quite class--I just got out of a 3.5-hour biology lab final. I sure had to pull it together for today. Not only are Mondays my longest and toughest days of the week, I had the joy of capping this one off with a nice, long final exam. I was actually pretty nervous about this one. I didn't do all that well on my last "MAJOR QUIZ" (what kind of twisted euphemism is that?), so all of a sudden this weekend I decided that I need to finally get my act together and take my biology lab class seriously. This final was my last chance for grade-point redemption in this class. So I studied... Well, more like I tried to study. Something about memorizing phylogenic trees for the plant and animal kingdoms and all that didn't click too well for me. I guess my brain just doesn't have enough room for important stuff like that.

So I got of my final exam around 11:30pm and got back to my dorm close to midnight. And so with that I just ushered in this semester's insane round of final exams and papers. I kind of feel like celebrating and relaxing now, I feel like I squeezed all my effort out of me for this one. The not-so-good thing is that this is just the beginning and if that's all the effort I could squeeze out, I'm in trouble. I probably didn't even do all that grand on the biology final. Anyway, the other cause for celebration is that I officially finished 3 credits worth of classes TODAY! Woo hoo! So now I'm only carrying 18 on my back instead of 21. Woha, I never thought 18 credits could feel so light.

So here I am in the middle of the night, in between yesterday and today, trying to savor this fleeting, instantaneous moment when I can celebrate the end of two classes and one final. I feel like I've been through a lot and that now I deserve to sit back and relax for three months. I'll probably act that way for a couple more hours, but (very unfortunately) that's it. I have 3 papers to write, three more final exams, 2 more quizzes, and definitely hundreds of pages of readings left. Yikes. The funny thing is I'm all talking like I worked my butt off for this biology lab practical... Dang, then, what am I going to work off to get through the work that still lies ahead? Uh oh... :)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?