<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy Birthday & Moving On 

August 13th marks the two-year birthday of this blog. I was completely oblivious about this until I surfed over to Sarah's blog a few weeks ago where she made mention of her blogger birthday, which made me wonder how this blog might be dated, too. Since we constantly soak in Time, moments like these of looking back can be a bit shocking: it's been that long?! Yes, time flies.

But time doesn't only zoom past us. It does something to us as its tides incessantly wash over us. So now as I take note of how two years blurred until this very moment I see how much I've grown and changed, and I understand where I still want to go.

Although I may not have known it then, I started this blog at one of the worst moments of my life. I was stressed and depressed beyond belief, I was a sleep deprived zombie that walked through life in a funk, and I was wondering how I could be so unhappy when I had so many amazing things going for me. For the sake of my sanity I wanted to know, no I needed to know, if there was more to life than this miserable paradox of unhappiness in the face of success and achievement.

Two years later, I smile back at that distraught teenager. I haven't grown enough to answer all of his questions, but I've gotten one step closer. Is there More to Life? Yes, I suppose, but I don't quite know what it is. In time, though, I have found more amidst the mundane because the mundane has stopped being mundane for me. Every day is a blessing because I grow, I learn, I see, and I understand more and more. I am becoming more at peace with myself, so now I can confidently say to that boy who so desperately needed to know how he needs to change to survive happily that he really didn't need to change much at all. With time he would understand.

Now I understand that it is time to move forward. More to Life was born out of a particular time and context in my life, and I'm happy to say that I'm at a better place now. This blog has been cathartic and therapeutic, and the comments you have left me have made many of my days, THANK YOU! I will keep these archives and revisit them, but I can't harp on problems and themes that don't characterize me as much anymore, and I can't let the past hold me back.

With this upcoming year being what I hope will be my last year at college I can clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's time to start worrying about what's awaiting me out there. I'm about to embark on a journey to a new life, the plans for which I will start sketching in this upcoming year. I'm wondering how I will be able to find my place in this society and this world once I break out of the college cocoon. I want to write more. I want to read more. There are books and essays to write, causes to champion, people to help, worlds to change and improve. There's the unwritten story of my existence in this big world to begin to determine.

These last few days I've been working hard at a new layout for a new blog. Thanks to all you faithful readers who have helped keep me afloat during tough times, and thanks to the many curious people who oriented their curious browsers my way for short parts of the journey. I'd be honored if you read on with me into the future. I'll keep you posted.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?