<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

August Blues 

August isn't a great month for me. Since my emancipation from school in late May I've been counting down the days till I have to go back in just the opposite a prisoner counts down the days until he's released. August is the month I move back to NY and August is the month I start another semester of classes. UCK. For those of you who've been following this blog for a while, I think you know that school and I aren't on the best of terms.

So since time inevitably ticked into the month of August I've been feeling a little queasy, a little more antsy, but not altogether crushed. I've been putting up a good fight for the last two years to make this happen, so with any luck this third year will be my last year. Regardless of how luck plays out, though, I KNOW that I won't be working my ass off as much as the the last two years. Unfortunately, a broke college boy still needs to work two jobs but the whole five-six classes per semester thing is history. I'm going to bow out of college gracefully with four classes one semester and three the other. I'll be a different person with all the extra time on my hands and so much less stress hormones in my system! I admit, I'm almost a little bit excited about that.

I shouldn't get ahead of myself yet. I still need to figure out what classes I'll be taking this fall, and that's coming up fast!

In other awful August news: our garage and front yard are infested with MICE and their nasty droppings! Apparently they're what ate my sunflowers and terrorized a bunch of other living plants in our front yard. Hmph.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?