<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

So I intended this to be a really serious and deep type of a blog where I'd philosophize about all sorts of important topics, yada, yada. Yeah, I still think that's a great idea, but I don't have the type of tenacity and energy to make every post here all serious and elegant.

I'm in school. I'm stressed out. I want to write, but I want to write something that does not qualify as stuffy, academic writing, which all my professors demand. Heck, there's so much more to life and to writing than doing everything the "right way." You know what? For goodness sake, a couple misplaced, commas and a few tpyoes add some character to writing, in my opinion! This is my chance, here's my opportunity. After months of being complacent, I think I've finally garnered the strength start. To hell with it all, I'm going to do it my way, and I'm starting now.

So I suppose you want to know who I am and all that. Doesn't it make sense to just write a nice, tacky description of myself on the first post? Well I'm not going to. Heck, for all I know nobody is even reading this. So there's no point in introducing myself to an audience of no one, right? I'm not telling any of my friends about this goofy blog. Well at least not yet. No, I don't really plan on it. This is for you. You are the person I don't necessarily know. You are the person who doesn't have any heavy baggage or stupid preconceived notions about me. You are my fresh start, the one who actually cares enough to read my posts and take interest in my boring life. Hehe, I only have one little problem right now. YOU are not here yet, er, you haven't found me yet. Er, you haven't found this blog yet. Will you? We'll see. I hope so.

So it's ten to 1am here on the East Coast. Thank goodness Valentine's day is over. I can officially say I've spent my 18th valentine's day single. Woopdie doo. My roommate just turned off the lights in our small dorm room, and he's in bed. The minute he went off into dreamland is when I started to write this. It's somehow liberating to be the only one awake, and not have to worry about him bugging me (not that he does at all). I think that our room smells a bit, it sort of makes me nauseous or however you spell that. I kept my window open all day long in subfreezing weather in a desperate effort to get some fresh air in here, but so much for that. Ergh frustrating.

Well, I better get to bed, too. The darkness is weighing down on my eyelids (well, not really at all, but I sort of like that description). I just think I'd like to get up somewhat early. Who knows, maybe I can actually be productive tomorrow. With 21 credits on my shoulders, a productive day could be a useful thing. Of course... We all know how productive tomorrow will REALLY be...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?